I´ve joined MapBox as Chief Scientist! This is a long coming love story, possible thanks to my recent extraordinary visa. An amazing next stop on my journey to bridge Science and Technology with Society at large. I am very excited to join this awesome team.
Think of MapBox as a mix of Wikipedia for maps (leveraging the power of open data and crowds) and Apple style to master a product that is beautiful, fast and breaks beyond convention. Faster, better, open maps for anything that has a location.
Opening the geo space… What is MapBox doing?
- A cloudless Satellite map of the whole world.
- Maps provider for Github, Foursquare, Financial Time, Le Monde, USA Today, … See Showcase
- Street level satellite image fresh from space (this was my first blog post, on my first week here) .
- Monitoring deforestation in the Amazonas.
- Map of Mars.
- TileMill, a free app to style your map data.
- An incredibly huge code repository, and guidelines to process your data using only open source software (e.g.). …
A real garage start-up… Well, a garage with glass doors that we open on summer days, couches, fossball, free food and drinks, computers hanging on the walls, a bar space, bike rack, meeting rooms that actually are hanging out rooms since there are virtually no meetings …
MapBox, let´s dance.comments powered by Disqus